Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
Vitamin C serum is an anti-aging pure skincare ingredient typically present in high-end magnificence regimens. Yow will discover this antioxidant in lots of moisturizers, lotions, and lotions as effectively. Why all of the fuss? And is it doable to make your individual (a lot inexpensive!) vitamin C serum at dwelling?
I’ve researched, experimented, and tried it out and the reply is… sure you possibly can!
Vitamin C Serum Advantages
Vitamin C is touted as an anti-aging and anti-wrinkle cream, and for good cause. Vitamin C is useful for brightening and tightening pores and skin. (This works should you take it internally too!).
Researchers discovered that common use of vitamin C on the pores and skin will:
Whereas I like these advantages, many of those merchandise additionally value an arm and a leg. Fortunately, there’s a pure, do-it-yourself and cheap different (noticing a pattern right here?) that appears to work simply as effectively.
Make Your Personal Vitamin C Serum
In only a few easy steps, you can also make your individual brightening facial serum.
First, you will want just a few gadgets:
Subsequent, simply combine within the ratios beneath and retailer! Use as you’ll a facial toner. Notice: Because it incorporates no preservatives, this serum will final about two weeks and must be saved within the fridge.
This serum works on most pores and skin sorts, particularly dry or ageing pores and skin. Customise your outcomes based mostly in your pores and skin sort by:
Cautions & Ideas
Right here’s one of the best ways to make use of vitamin C serum, from private expertise:
- Measure rigorously and don’t add additional vitamin C as it’s acidic and might/will burn the pores and skin if the focus is just too excessive. If you’re coping with numerous wrinkles or very dry pores and skin, additional vitamin C might be added, however work up slowly and take a look at on the internal arm earlier than making use of it to the face.
- When you’ve got additional delicate pores and skin, dilute with much more water.
- Alternatively, to make the vitamin c much less irritating, you possibly can add baking soda to make the serum extra alkaline.
- That is finest paired with a pure skincare routine like oil cleaning.
Vitamin C Serum Recipe
Make a easy vitamin C skincare serum at dwelling with only a few easy elements.
- ½ tsp vitamin C powder
- 1 TBSP distilled water (OR 1 tsp distilled water + 2 TBSP vegetable glycerine)
In a small, dark-colored container, mix the vitamin C powder and the water.
If you’re solely utilizing water and vitamin C, you’re performed. It will retailer for as much as 2 weeks or longer within the fridge.
If you’re utilizing glycerin, dissolve the vitamin C in 1 teaspoon of water, then stir in 2 tablespoons of glycerin and retailer. This model will final a month or longer.
This text was medically reviewed by Cynthia Thurlow, NP, the CEO and founding father of the On a regular basis Wellness Undertaking, nurse practitioner, worldwide speaker, and globally acknowledged professional in intermittent fasting and dietary well being. As at all times, this isn’t private medical recommendation and we advocate that you simply discuss along with your physician.
Ever used a vitamin C serum in your pores and skin? How did it give you the results you want? Share beneath?